The need for change. Credo recognizes the lack of BIPOC clean beauty brands in our store.
We are committed to changing this.
We founded Credo because we had an unshakable desire to clean up the beauty industry. We opened our first store in 2015, in our hometown of San Francisco and now have 10 stores across the U.S. offering 130+ of the best brands in clean beauty today.
We are thrilled to be at the forefront of the clean beauty movement–an industry dominated by strong, smart, passionate women.
As a founder-led company, we know that growing a business is hard–really hard.
And too often, thought partners that can provide valuable retail business insights aren't accessible to diverse entrepreneurs at any stage of their growth.
The Credo for Change Workshop program is here to change that.
Our goal is to advance BIPOC-led (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) clean beauty brands in functional areas that will expand their direct-to-consumer business or prepare them for larger distribution in retailers.
Our mission is to transform the beauty industry and to do that, we need everyone. We need fearless founders. Courageous leaders. And curious collaborators willing to share their time.
Clean isn't just about ingredients. From diverse founders to sustainable solutions, Credo for Change is about creating a collective movement for the better. Applications will open Spring 2022. For all inquiries please email email@example.com.
Brand founders that become part of Credo For Change participate in a five month program designed to prepare your business for the next level of growth. During the course of the program, founders will attend virtual workshops, in-depth breakout sessions to focus on opportunities for your brand, and one-on-one biweekly sessions with a Credo For Change mentor.
Our program will focus on providing following key areas:
- Clean Beauty: why it matters and how to make the swap in your business
- The Beauty Business: the strategy and capital you need to fuel your impact and growth
- Retail 101: what you really need to build a strong retail business (it’s a lot more than you think!)
- Behind the scenes: from sales education to legal, and hacks to overcome common problem areas
- Community: face time with Credo executives, connections with industry experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and network introductions to influencers and funders
In addition to mentorship and support, all participating BIPOC businesses will receive an opportunity to pitch for funding.
Credo for Change 2021 Cohort
Look Good, Live Well
Tierra & Lava
Sandra Lilia Velasquez
Credo BIPOC Workshop FAQs
Applications are now closed for 2021.
Eligible businesses must be founded or co-founded by a person identifying as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color), and at least 18 years old. Our focus is on earlier stage companies that have the most to benefit from this type of mentorship program. If selected, you are ready to commit to the time to attend and participate in the program and classes, and you have access to Zoom.
We will look at a combination of these key pieces.
- Purpose: The inspiration and purpose behind your business and the vision and impact you hope to achieve.
- Differentiation: What makes your brand and products unique and what makes them stand out from others in your category.
- Business Plan: Your plans for business growth and how Credo for Change will help you achieve your goals.
In addition to providing basic information about the business owner, the company, and its products, each applicant will be asked to answer a series of short questions. Please see some of the sample questions below.
Note: There are no wrong answers. Feel free to structure your responses to the questions below in a way that makes the most sense for you and your business.
As entrepreneurs in a small but fast-growing company, we know that building a business is hard work and takes a lot of support. We have always worked very closely with our partners to support brands’ growth. We recognize that Credo needs to do more to support growing BIPOC brands, and are committed to doing so.
Yes, both founders will get to participate in this program.
Our 2021 class will be 13 founders.
No, but our intention is to increase the number of BIPOC brands at Credo. The mentorship program could result in being added to the brands Credo carries.
Applications open Thursday, May 28th. All applications are due no later than midnight on July 2nd. Our programming will take place August 1st - Dec 31st.
No funds will be given to any brands. Instead, this program is about support, advice, networking, and the ability to engage with our merchant team.
Last year we welcomed our inaugural class whom you can meet here.
We will let applicants know if they have been selected as a finalist and will reach out via the email address or phone number provided in the application.
Applications will be reviewed by a diverse group of the Credo team members spanning Brand, Merchandising, Creative, and Marketing.
Applicants can get in touch by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Credo for Change Application”.
Please refer to The Dirty List™ for all ingredients, which due to safety and/or environmental concerns, we ask our brand partners to avoid using.
How RangeMe works:
- Create a product profile The upload process will help you enter all the key info we need to see.
- Get Discovered Clever technology ensures you’re showcasing your assortment to the right person.
- Get Reviewed Buyers to review your product. You will receive a notification once your product has been reviewed.